Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Silly Shit Disclaimer and Silly Shit # 1




















Silly Shit is a work of fiction. Nevertheless, it is strongly based on my own experiences in college. Some characters are based on real existing people, some are not. Some stories did happen, some didn't. Some happened in the exact same way as presented here. Some have been changed. I took the freedom to change stories, characters and dialogue to form a better plot. Some people will recognise themselves. Some will not. Some may recognise other people. If you do, good for you, but keep it to yourself.
Silly Shit works on two levels. One is for those in the know, and one is for those who don't.


Some stories, storylines and people are ommitted from Silly Shit. True, some of them might be funny, but some of them are hurtful as well. Yes, during those three years I've been a lying sack of shit, at times. I lost some friends and I broke some hearts, at times. I have hurt people's feelings, at times, and some people didn't deserve that treatment, so I'm not about to add insult to injury. Just to be clear. You wouldn't want your ex-girlfriend ridiculing you on the internet together with a bunch of strangers, now would you?

Yes, the protagonist looks like me, talks like me, walks like me. It isn't me. It is a representation of myself as in how I tell this story. Remember, Silly Shit is a work of fiction. Silly Shit represents how I experienced the story, how I remember it. True, it might not be true 'an sich', and I can predict the chronology will be fucked up. That's because I have a really bad memory and because it has been derived from my own personal experience. Silly Shit is in English. Why? So it's more international. Silly Shit takes place in Belgium. Why? Because it happened there.

Silly Shit is succeptible to change. Silly Shit is my first webcomic, and I have absolutely no experience with such a large project.


Silly Shit is silly shit. It isn't necessarily funny, although I aim to, it's just .... silly. Silly Shit looks static and as if I cut and paste my characters on a different background every time. Silly Shit is just created that way. It saves me a lot of time, it makes sure you get your Silly Shit in time. Silly Shit will appear at random times. And remember, Silly Shit is a work of fiction.

19 comments:

Occy said...

aaight, I'm hooked!

Lebbercherrie said...

fo snizzle my nizzle! Welcome aboard. I know this ain't the strongest joke in the world, but I'm building up a storyline, so hang in tight.

Lebbercherrie said...

I just noticed: "a can of dodorant", that should be a can of deodorant, of course...

Occy said...

and pens should be penis, no?

Lebbercherrie said...

perhaps in your giftbag,....but no. Funny! (No, not fAnny!)

Zimbob said...

héél silly indeed...

Lebbercherrie said...

You just wait and see, I've already got several storylines ready to draw. Including one very dramatic episode....

Zimbob said...

no...

NO...

NOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



:D
(lookin' very forward to it... indeed ;-) )

Zimbob said...

s'long as it doesn't contain' anyone bleedin' half 2 death...?????
Gimme your accountnumber and I'll treat ya nice?

ehehe...

Lebbercherrie said...

Oooooh djiezes, I forgot! No, that one falls under the category hurtful. And besides when I say dramatic, I mean dramatic, not pee-your-pants-funny-caus-your-best-mate-did-something-funny-with-someone-else....

Zimbob said...

hahahaHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

can't wait!

Occy said...

am I getting this right? Did Zimbob pee his pants?

Lebbercherrie said...

ummm, no. Not that time. I'll shut up now or else there's no point in this whole secret-identity and "work of fiction" business. Although it IS a REALLY good story....

Lebbercherrie said...

Perhaps Zimbob can fill us in himself?

Anonymous said...

err... no?

Lebbercherrie said...

Wide Grin!!!

Anonymous said...

aha

Anonymous said...

Hauptartikel: Buchgeschichte

Die ältesten Vorläufer des Buches waren die Papyrusrollen der Ägypter, von denen das älteste bekannte Exemplar über 5000 Jahre alt ist (Siehe auch Geschichte der Schrift).

Die Griechen und Römer übernahmen die Papyrusrollen, bis sie ab dem 1. Jahrhundert allmählich vom Codex abgelöst wurden. Der Codex bestand aus mehreren Lagen Pergament, die in der Mitte gefaltet und zusammengeheftet wurden. Er ist der unmittelbare Vorläufer unseres heutigen Buches (siehe Buchgeschichte).


Teil der Skulptur "Der moderne Buchdruck" beim Berliner Walk of Ideas zur Erinnerung an Gutenbergs ErfindungAb dem 14. Jahrhundert wurde das Pergament allmählich durch das billigere und viel einfacher zu produzierende Papier ersetzt. Die erste Papiermühle in Deutschland war die des Ulman Stromer in Nürnberg im Jahr 1390. Die vor der Erfindung des Buchdrucks (ca. 1450) durch Johannes Gutenberg bis zum Jahr 1500 gedruckten Bücher werden Inkunabel oder Wiegendruck (aus der Zeit, als der Buchdruck noch in der Wiege lag) genannt.

In Korea wurde rund 200 Jahre vor Johannes Gutenbergs Erfindung in Europa der Buchdruck mit beweglichen Lettern aus Metall entwickelt, vermutlich eine Weiterentwicklung chinesischer Druckmaschinen bereits im 11. Jahrhundert mit Tonlettern. Korea präsentiert das im Oktober 2005 als Gastland auf der Frankfurter Buchmesse, die schon zu Gutenbergs Zeit die hier erfundene Buchdruckkunst verbreitete (in Korea fehlte ein entsprechendes).

Die schnelle Verbreitung der neuen Technik in ganz Europa und die stetige Verbesserung und Weiterentwicklung des Buchdrucks und der Herstellung von Papier machten das Buch zur Massenware, was eine wesentliche Voraussetzung für die Reformation und später für das Zeitalter der Aufklärung wurde. Wissen wurde zum Allgemeingut im Abendland.

Schrift und Bild waren im Buch des Mittelalters eine Einheit. Künstler des Bauhauses schufen im 20.Jahrhundert Bücher von hohem gestalterischen Niveau, die dem Bereich Druckgrafik zuzurechnen sind. Diese Künstlerbücher erscheinen in kleinen limitierten Auflagen.

Im dritten Jahrtausend erscheint schließlich dann auch das digitale Buch auf dem Online-Buchmarkt. Der Digitaldruck erlaubt mit Book on demand kostengünstige Auflagen ab einem Exemplar.

nem

Lebbercherrie said...

Hij volgt eens een cursus, zie,....*rolt met zijn ogen*